There are times in our busy lives where we all need to take time or rather make time for self care. The world can be a pretty stressful place and leave us feeling overwhelmed and overwrought. There are definitely things we all can do to stay healthy and well. Here are a few…
Steps for Wellness
1. Relax and practice letting go of stress and negative thoughts.
2. Sleep. Getting at least 7-8 hours of undisturbed sleep allows your body to heal from the days stress. Healthy sleep habits ward against heart disease, defend against cold/flu and some studies indicate a link to weightloss and lowering risk for diabetes .
3. Drink 8-10 glasses a day. Water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don’t have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
4. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, move toward a plant based diet. Adopt clean eating habits.
5. If you eat meat, get down to 1 serving per week, and when you do eat meat do so with a huge salad or other dark leafy vegetables to help process the toxins.
6. Meditate. Practice deep cleansing breaths for at least 30 seconds – 1 minute.
7. Have fun moving your body! Exercise, dance, build up a sweat if you’re able!
8. Do something that makes you smile, laugh and feel happy such as develop your creative side, spend time with friends and/or your pets.